The following policies are in effect during all EagleBank Arena events to ensure the safety and comfort of our guests.
At certain events alcoholic beverages may be served. Guests 21 years of age and older may consume beverages purchased onsite. All guests, regardless of age, must produce a valid ID for all alcohol purchases. Those without valid identification will not be allowed to purchase or consume alcoholic beverages. EagleBank Arena reserves the right to refuse service to anyone deemed intoxicated.
Clear Bag Policy
EagleBank Arena is encouraging guests to not bring a bag, in order to help enhance the contactless experience. If you require a bag for your personal belongings, EagleBank Arena has adopted a clear bag policy and must adhere to the following:
- Bag must be clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC with no obscured inside pockets
- Bag must not exceed 12”x12”x6”
- Bag may be 1 gallon plastic zip lock style bag
Clutch Style Bag or Purse:
- Non-clear clutch style bag or purse must not exceed 5”x7”
Small Medical and/or Parenting Bags
- Will be permitted on a case-by-case basis and will be subject to increased security screening.
The camera policy is determined by each specific event or promoter and is subject to change. Please contact EagleBank Arena at (703) 993-3000 or check the event page on the website to learn what the camera policy is for your specific event.
- Still photography is determined by each event promoter
- Video recording is strictly prohibited, and video cameras, camcorders, Go Pros and Contour cameras are prohibited
- Live streaming on any form of social media is strictly prohibited
- Monopods, tripods, and selfie sticks are prohibited
- SLR type cameras, cameras with detachable lenses, professional style cameras or video cameras are prohibited
Code of Conduct
EagleBank Arena Management is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable experience for all guests. To help ensure this, guests who choose not to adhere to this Code of Conduct will be subject to ejection without a refund.
- Guests shall be respectful to players, team staff, officials, EagleBank Arena staff, security staff and other attendees
- Guests shall not interfere with the event, performers, or athletes in any way
- Guests shall sit only in their ticketed seat location and must show their ticket upon request
- Guests who consume alcoholic beverages shall do so in a responsible manner
- Obscene or indecent messages on signs or clothing will not be permitted
- EagleBank Arena is a non-smoking facility. There is no smoking of any kind (including e-cigarettes and vaping) inside the building. Guests may only smoke in designated areas
- Guests shall refrain from using foul/offensive language, obscene gestures and engaging in behavior detrimental to the experience of other guests
- Guests who engage in disruptive behavior including fighting, throwing objects, or attempting to enter the playing surface, stage or restricted areas will be ejected from the building
- Per order of the fire marshal, guests may not block aisles, stand in portals, stand on seats or other building structures
- Guests shall comply with requests from arena staff regarding arena operations and emergency procedures
All guests must maintain reasonable and appropriate behavior at all times during their visit. Guests who violate building policies, display disorderly conduct and/or create disturbances may be ejected from the event, barred from the building or arrested. Guests who are ejected, barred or arrested will not receive a refund or compensation for their loss. Disturbances include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Standing on seats, chairs, armrest, and railings.
- Placing children on shoulders.
- Fighting or challenging others to fight.
- Exposing private body parts.
- Interfering or delaying an event.
- Violation of EagleBank Arena event policies.
- Violation of local and federal laws and statues.
- Attempting to enter the court, stage, backstage or restricted areas without proper permission/credentials.
- Throwing, discharging, and launching any substance or object.
- Intentionally disturbing another guest/employee with loud and unreasonable noise.
- Using profanity and/or other offensive words to provoke others.
- Taunting or using offensive language against the players, referees, employees or performers.
- All guests must consent to a search of their person and/or any items they may wish to bring into the arena.
- All guests and their belongings are subject to search prior to entry
- Staff will visually conduct bag and metal detection inspections to detect prohibited items to ensure the safety of all guests
- Any guest who declines to be searched or is in possession of prohibited items may be denied entry
- EagleBank Arena also recommends the following tips to help expedite entry into the venue:
- Guests are encouraged to arrive early
- Please follow staff directions of our event staff on which items need to be removed or divested prior to passing through magnetometers
- Guest who have health conditions which prohibit them from passing through magnetometers may flag an event supervisor for a manual screening
- Guests are strongly advised to have their Ticketmaster App up to date on their smart phones and know how to easily access their tickets.
Food & Beverage
No outside food or beverage will be permitted into EagleBank Arena.
EagleBank Arena does allow one empty water bottle per guest. This water bottle must be made of plastic. Water bottles made of hard materials such as glass or metal will not be permitted.
Guests with special dietary restrictions may contact EagleBank Arena (703) 993-3000 prior to their visit with questions about foods offered at the concession stands. Additional information regarding concession stand offerings may be found here: EagleBank Concession Stands
EagleBank Arena Management reserves the right to refuse items deemed unsafe, inappropriate or that violate other arena policies. Prohibited items cannot be checked or stored inside the arena.
PLEASE NOTE: Prohibited items lists may be modified in connection with specific events.
Prohibited items at EagleBank Arena include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Weapons (guns, knives, chains, spiked bracelets, brass knuckles, tasers, mace/pepper spray)
- Cans, bottles, or coolers
- Glass or ceramic containers of any kind
- Outside food and beverages
- Metal or glass reusable water bottles
- Illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Laser pointers/pens
- Video and audio recording devices (except cell phones and small point & shoot cameras)
- Professional photography equipment (includes camera with a detachable lens) or GoPros
- Monopods, tripods, selfie sticks or poles
- Laptops or tablets of any kind
- Noisemakers such as air horns, sirens, kazoos, whistles, drums, etc.
- Animals (Except service animals. Emotional support animals will not be permitted entry.)
- Silly string
- Wrapped gifts or packages
- Non-collapsible umbrellas
- Skateboards, Rollerblades, and Hoverboards
- Un-approved pamphlets, handouts, ads, etc.
- Any other item deemed inappropriate by EagleBank Arena Management
Signs, Banners, Posters and Flags
Unless otherwise specified by EagleBank Arena Management, guests are welcome to bring small signs, posters, and flags for events. Large banners are not permitted. The following guidelines apply:
- Sign, banner, poster or flag may not exceed 18”x18”
- Item must be related to the event
- Item may not be attached to a stick/pole
- Item may not obstruct any sponsor/building signage
- Item may not be attached, hung, taped, or draped over any part of the building
- Item may not contain or display obscene/offensive language and/or pictures, as determined by EagleBank Arena Management
- Item may not be constructed or displayed in a manner that may obstruct the view of other guests, interrupt the experience of other guests, or create a safety hazard
- Signs must be constructed of paper, fabric, or poster board materials
- Signs may NOT be constructed of or contain plastic, wood, metal, glass, or any material that can be used as a weapon
- Item may not be commercial or political in nature
EagleBank Arena is a smoke-free facility. Guests may exit the building at the designated smoking area to smoke once the event has started.
Guests using electronic cigarettes are required to follow the same policy.
Off-Duty Police Officers
Off-duty police officers are required to report to the Police Command Post inside the West entry.
EagleBank Arena is happy to welcome all service animals. Unfortunately, animals identified as pets or emotional support animals will not be permitted entry.
Resale of Tickets
The resale of EagleBank Arena tickets on the grounds of George Mason University is strictly prohibited and is subject to prosecution by the University Police
Sale of Unauthorized Merchandise
The resale of unauthorized merchandise or goods on the grounds of George Mason University is strictly prohibited and is subject to prosecution by the University Police
Please be advised:
- Some events may contain flashing or strobing lights that may not be suitable for some patrons that may suffer from epilepsy and other visual light stimulation effects
- Some events may use theatrical haze, pyrotechnics or have loud noises that may not be suitable for some patrons
- Some events or artists may record their performances, including their audience members, for use on social media. Attending an event may result in your likeness being posted on a tour or venue social media post